Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Going on a Blog Hunt--Week Four Thing 9

Well, below is my Yahoo avatar. I'd wanted a Meez but for some reason the site kept crashing while loading a female template. I tried it several times throughout the day, checked my cookies and read the on-line help which led me to believe it had something to do with my computer's settings with Firefox. Way too much headache for a fun little cartoon. So I made a calculated retreat to Yahoo and actually enjoyed the experience of "designing" an avatar.

Other sites of interest this week's Thing revealed to me thanks to a web 2.0 Award Winners blog entry on MERLIN

1) Cocktail Builder

A great site for helping the aspiring alcoholic in all of us create an elixir of sheer genius based on whatever meager potables happen to be stocking one's drink library on any given bad day. Imagine my delight upon learning the dregs in my liqueur cabinet yielded the following:

Malibu Baked Apple cocktail:

2 oz of malibu coconut rum
2-3 oz of heated cranberry juice
2- 3 oz of heated apple juice

combine in stemmed mug.top with whipped cream (optional).

Nice. Not 99 Bananas, but nice.

2) One Sentence


True stories, told in one sentence. Ransom Stodder, if you're reading this, really--One Sentence is for you! I've actually bookmarked this puppy and practically slashdotted it with one-liners!

Oh, I got to explain RSS to my husband (Mr. Technocrat)! Actually, I just regurgitated the Plain English example. But hey, it's amazing how much information I retained from an on-line non-classroom teaching medium.

As for feeds, Technorati was too busy for me and a bit confusing. I preferred Blogsline's search tool. It wasn't as flashy, but also not as distracting. You all might not know it, but I can become distracted . . . Oh, look, a squirrel!

No comments: