Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Generate Some Fun--Week Five Thing 10

I already made an avatar on Yahoo, but I while exploring The Generator Blog I stumbled across DoppleMe Generator which allowed me to make an avatar of myself and three others and join them to create a family, which I absolutely loved. By the way, I tried to talk my son, Ethan, out of the mad face, but he really, really wanted to look mad. "Like this," he said, scrunching up his face. (I wisely refrained from telling him he looked more adorable than mad, as it would have upset his tough-guy-5 year-old self identity.) Must be a boy thing. I don't understand. Anyway, Katie said she wanted to look like a "pistol," yet chose an evening gown. ??? I don't even want to know what she thinks she's hiding under the taffeta. All kinds of Getting-into-Trouble gadgets, no doubt. Juliet wanted better hair, but then, don't we all?

Oh, I also enjoyed the Real Name Creator that randomly generates a real German name and lists a Google search for each one. 'Cause really, everyone needs a German name. I mean, how funny is a language that sounds like perpetual sneezing? (I am in large part German, by the way.) My favorite names: Traute Eisenhauer and Detlef Garbe and the last name Deppenkemper. Gotta love it.

Street Sign Generator was also a fun site. Ye Olde civic engineers of Bucks County, Pennsylvania sure could have used it. Anyone ever visited Street Road? Really, that's the name of the street . . . or is it a road? Whatever. Can we say creatively lazy? But I guess Thesaurus hadn't been born when they named the . . . er, thoroughfare.

Well, join me for another installment of Deb's (I mean Penguin's) mind meanderings at a later date . . .

No comments: