Monday, October 15, 2007

It's not proscuitto. Technorati ham, sliced thin: Week 6-Thing 14

Technorati Profile


I'm attempting to claim my blog on Technorati. Quick claim didn't work--possibly because of the @ sign in my blog's username. So we're going old school here and just posting the HTML on my blog.

Cool beans! It worked. It even flipped me into the Howard Participants section, where I could view my name. Woohoo.

Okay, now that I've created another new Web 2.0 something-or-other, let me ramble a bit about Technorati, the blog search and tracking tool where any blog that's any blog goes to the head of the pack results, the blog equivalent of Nielson ratings. And like the Nielsons, Technorati's most popular blogs were mostly pop-culture, tech, and current-events related. Big surprise. Actually, what did surprise me was how ill-written some of the blogs were. Here I've been afraid to put my less-than-witty self out there. Forget witty, people are out there hurling the F bombs at other bloggers. (Maybe Valerie should consider taking the 'Civility in Howard County' webside.) Anyway, Boing Boing was interesting, if crude. I did notice that much like the amusing agitators (read; hams) in my own family, the Powers That Be at Technorati chose articles and news bites guaranteed to get a rise out of the population. Clearly, though, they are doing it better than other, similar blogs.

Searching Technorati's blog posts for learning2.0 turned up 169 blogposts, many of which just mention the term learning2.0 someplace in the overall text. Not necessarily helpful. In contrast, the blog directory hit my target dead on--librarian journal/blogs about the 23 things. I especially liked reading the Australian blogs and seeing all the ones in different languages. 23 Things is big--really big.

No comments: