Monday, October 1, 2007

RSS is not Infectious! Week Four Thing 8

First, here's my Blogsline newsreader URL:
http://www.bloglines.com/public/dbosilov

I tried without success to add it to this blog using the template. I'll fiddle with it some more later (read: get my handy-dandy super techy hubby to show me how tonight).

RSS. Okay, why do techies love obscure acronyms? I mean, what's the thought process here? Hey, let's abbreviate the most unwieldy, high-brow, officious sounding words into a string of seemingly unrelated letters! What a great idea. Anything that sounds like a incurable disease has to be catchy. Get it, catchy? Timpani please.

Okay, but to find the point . . . I liked--and needed--the Plain English video. So easy to understand! But will I actually use the blogsline? No, probably not. Call me crazy old-fashioned, but I genuinely like the feel--and yes, smell--of newsprint. I do not enjoy reading on a PC screen. And there is just too much news out there to read. As it is, I don't finish the Sunday Post until Saturday. (If you're asking, "Which Saturday?" you know me well.) Seriously, when does anyone have the time? I killed an entire afternoon just setting up the account! Though, okay, I may look at Google's RSS. Maybe. So, I'm guessing no one's going to be subscribing to this blog:) Just a guess.

No comments: