Thursday, October 4, 2007

Roll a Rolly--Week 5 Thing 12

I wish all the Things were this easy! Originally I thought, why bother making your own search engine? But it wasn't a bother. In fact, I'd rate this exercise a 2 of 10 on the Hard-O-Meter (10 being the most difficult). It wasn't a 1 because I actually had to read stuff and move my fingers on the keyboard. But once I began playing with other Rollyos, I saw how handy it was to pull a series of good hits versus one or two good hits stacked atop a pile of garbage.

So I made a Reference one and 'borrowed' someone else's work by using the sites suggested for a Reference Search Engine. I mitigated my guilty sense of cheating by adding a few more sites that I'd seen turn up on the trial searches I'd performed earlier. The Searchbox looks pretty spiffy, too!

No comments: