Monday, October 29, 2007

iTube, uTube, we-all-Tube: Week 9--Thing 20

Posting a uTube video to a Blogger blog is soooo easy! I can't believe I was worried about this Thing! The hardest part of about the whole exercise was yanking myself away from all the videos. I have to say, there are some amazingly weird and twisted Halloween entries. Wow. And I thought I was cracked. But I came across a gem of simple animation. 'Wake Up Cat' below is by an English animator called Simon Tofield and it is actually called 'Cat Man Do.' He works for an animation company called Tandem Films. Enjoy.

Imagine video storytimes . . . Picture books turning their own pages and reading themselves aloud . . . Short instructional classes 'taught' by librarians . . . Booktalk segments . . . even book recommendations by librarians, teachers, and/or customers . . . Video tie-ins to college courses . . . Video tours of each branch . . . Oh, the places uTube can go . . . in the library.

Now . . . how post the video my five-year-old took on his Spongebob digital camera onto uTube? Maybe I'll have him show me. Hey, maybe I'll make a video of my five-year-olds uploading their digital pictures, playing on Club Penguin--the child social networking site--and playing video games. I'd 'play' an old broad clueless about tech. Could be funny. I'll keep you posted:)

No comments: