Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Habits

I found the web cast about the 7 1/2 Habits interesting and informative, but I worry. I'm a worrier, it's what I do. I suppose that falls into the category of #4: Have Confidence in Self. Only, I don't doubt my capabilities. I can learn the 2.0 techs. I worry about losing the safety of my anonymity by hosting a blog. Really, my life's quite full enough without some irate crazy knocking on my door because he stumbled onto my name/blog and took deep offense at my dangling prepositions and stream-of-unconsciousness style. On the other hand, I'd love to publish a blog on book reviews or programs or a number of topics of personal interest to me.
#3: Viewing Problems as Challenges is definitely not my usual approach and will be the most difficult. Lucky for me, I've always cherished my inner 5-year old. So, when I do get baffled and annoyed with this learning experiment--which is bound to happen at least once--I will just play. Thank heavens for #7 & 1/2: Play--clearly the easiest habit for me. I've already picked out a special 23 Things Silly Hat. So okay, let's play.

No comments: