Thursday, November 1, 2007

Download Lowdown--Audio Books: Week 9--Thing 22

Wow, Thing 22. Only one more to go!

Well, I guess I have to finish this one first. Okay. I established an account with Overdrive and searched titles after searching Project Gutenberg

Searching was effortless. I put a few titles I liked on hold and tried to download The Amazing Maurice and His Educated Rodents by Terry Pratchett. No luck on the download, but I'll try again when my husband comes home and can help. He ADORES audio books! He gobbles them up like candy. He listens to them through the car CD player on the way to work, on his MP3 player at the gym, and through a PC (either the home PC or one of the laptops) at home. He's an addict. I can't find audio material fast enough for him. Before audio books, the man did not read fiction. Serious. I just couldn't get him to pick up a novel. He said he read all day for work, why read during his leisure time? Ha, ha. A challenge for any bibliophile! So I began checking audio books out for him from the library. And checking them out. And checking them out. Unfortunately, there aren't enough books in audio format. At least not for his appetite. I wish there were more.

No comments: